Validate, transfer, innovate.
The validation of research results aims to test, prove, and evaluate the innovation potential of promising research results and to open up possible applications.
The validation funding is intended to accelerate the introduction and dissemination of modern technologies in business and society in order to maintain and expand the competitiveness of the Saxon economy. Research results and inventions from science are to be qualified for economic use.
futureSAX accompanies the funded scientists through a structured process in the individual project module as well as the orientation projects in order to increase the probability of successful exploitation of the research results to be validated.
Support of the validation funding by futureSAX
Within the framework of the SMWA guideline - Promotion of the Validation of Research Results, futureSAX offers grant recipients free guidance and support. The support is provided throughout the entire period of project funding. A total of three mandatory and two optional accompanying meetings are planned.
The most important facts about validation funding
What does the funding regulation contain?
The purpose of the funding is to accelerate the introduction and dissemination of modern technologies in the economy and society in order to maintain and further develop the competitiveness of the Saxon economy in the face of rapid technological change, to increase value added and to secure a high level of employment with sustainable jobs. The funds provided are intended to qualify research results and inventions from science for economic use. To this end, the discrepancies between the results typically provided by research and the information required by industry for a risk assessment of the use of these results are to be reduced by means of validation. The validation of research results aims to test, prove and evaluate the innovation potential of promising research results and to develop possible applications. A successful validation of research results provides evidence of the functionality and the technical and economic feasibility of these results and enables companies to invest in further development.
ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING THE APPLICATION WILL BE ANSWERED BY SAB
You want to stay informed about research & transfer relevant
Accompanying the recipients of grants under the Directive on the Promotion of the Validation of Research Results (RL Validation Grant) in the individual project module (projects for the validation of research results promising for economic exploitation) as well as grant recipients in (upstream) orientation projects. The accompanying measure focuses explicitly on increasing the chances of commercialization of the validation and includes
- Supporting measures in the area of validation, especially in the preparation of a utilization plan
- Internal networking and exchange of experience through accompanying meetings (individual and group formats)
- External networking and initiation of cooperations by supporting the identification of exploitation and cooperation partners as well as the exchange within the Saxon ecosystem and especially the network of futureSAX
- Increased visibility through integration into various futureSAX formats
What other offers from futureSAX are available?
Further offers from futureSAX are open to the grant recipients:
- Get new impulses through active exchange with transfer actors from science and business at the Saxon Transfer Forum and the meetings of the Saxon Transfer Network.
- Initiate new cooperations with companies through the futureSAX innovation exchange.
- Receive support for spin-offs from science through the Saxon Start-up Partner Network, the Saxon Mentoring Network receive the Saxon Start-up Award and the Saxon Investor Roadshow.